Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Another one run game...

The Horse Racers were ready for today's game today as we were matched against team HammerTime.  I got the starting nod on the mound.  Early on the pitching duel was on as both pitchers were throwing good games and at the end of 4 we were locked in a 0-0 ball game.  We struck for a lone run in the top of the 5th to take a lead.   I got the first two batters out (pop out and strikeout) and the next batter popped up just inside the first base line -- our first baseman failed to make the easy play and the ball rolled foul.   This happens at fantasy camp as nothing is routine -- I didn't worry about it but the next pitch was laced into centerfield for a hit (only my 2nd hit given up) and a couple hits later HammerTime plated 2 runs across and HammerTime grabs a 2-1 lead.   The Horse Racers bats were just cold and was not able to muster anything for runs and we end up losing 2-1.  A great game was pitched by Dan C. as we had a few good hits but we couldn't find any green out there just gloves.  I ended up getting a double on my first AB but was stranded at 2nd.  I struck out looking in my 2nd AB -- a nice curveball (high and inside) that the umpire gave him.  It wasn't the worst call but I would have had a hard time hitting it anyway.
I pitched from the stretch the whole game and I am thinking I will just do that from now on, felt good and pitched a very solid 6 innings -- I left a couple pitches up in the zone and a play here or there could have made the difference.  I really needed that shutout performance today.  It was a very good baseball game and glad I was a part of it -- the one run loss stings a bit -- but just to be playing is fun enough!

Hitting Stats:  1 for 2, 2B, K

Pitching Stats:  6 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 0 BB's, 4 K's

Relaxing on this Weds afternoon and as we play two more tomorrow!

--PB

~~ "You can observe a lot just by watching." - Yogi Berra ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment