Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's Hump day - what are you doing today?

It is Wednesday here at camp and it is truly hump day around here as today is deemed as a "day off".  We only play one game and the start time is 9:45.  It was brought up to my attention by my coach Frank Viola that I will be on the mound.

Today's game is a big game, we are 2-2 and if we get to 4 wins we should be able to sneak into the top four -- we have 8 teams here at camp and Friday is playoffs where they matchup the top 4 teams vs. the bottom four.  Being in the top four gets you the opportunity to play in the upper division bracket and the Noon Championship game on Saturday.  I have been there twice and looking for the third opportunity.

Our team is coming together and the hitting is getting warmer.  We have a good squad and at this time we are relatively healthy -- I think we should be able to go 2-1 the rest of the way and secure a top 4 finish -- we will see if that happens.  Regardless we are having a good time.  I have always said this - baseball is a funny game and any team can win a game (mostly because of pitching).

Let's see if I can grab a victory today to get us to 3-2.   Where is that trainer......

--PB

~~ "You can observe a lot just by watching." - Yogi Berra ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment