Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday morning

A good night's rest was welcome to start off the week.  This week the weather forecast is suggesting to the "warmest" camp I have ever attended -- currently showing low 80's all week, normally the last thing I would do (as a Minnesotan) is complain about warm weather in January -- but what I am going to is point out the possibility of how the weather will be wearing down the campers throughout the week.  I will need to remind myself to continually be drinking water -- when I think I am not thirsty, I better keep drinking.  The first two games are always interesting because you would like to think you have a "good" team and start out fast and play two and win both -- I will mention this in the blog -- baseball is a funny game and on any given day any team can win or lose.  This is also fantasy camp where routine plays are made difficult -- a ball off the ball finds it way into the outfield -- a pitcher can't find the strike zone -- so too many variables to actually be confident on how teams will do.  So with that said -- let's go out and dominate!

I know one thing -- if you can't have fun here at camp, you are in trouble -- time to start getting this body for the 4 games in 2 days, 7 in 4 game stretch!!!

Paul

~~ "If my uniform doesn't get dirty, I haven't done anything in the baseball game." - Ricky Henderson ~~

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Paul! Wish I was there - have to live vicariously through you this year. Say hi to Stan. Found you at Aaron Gleeman. Weather looks great. Stay healthy and throw strikes! Todd Deal

    ReplyDelete