Thursday, January 9, 2014

Unofficial Standings -- Playoff Matchups

These are unofficial but I think I have them correct:

Top 4 teams:

1)  No-Lo's   7-1
2)  BruBekSki's  7-1
3)  Humble 13  6-2
4)  C&C Crew  5-3

Next 4 teams:

5) Pro's Plus  4-4
6) Padrones  3-5
7) GagNe w/ a Spoon 3-5
8) Warriors 3-5

Bottom 2:

9)  You Must Be Kidding   2-6
10) Stingers  0-8

When quickly reviewing my predictions -- I had No-Lo's and BruBek's correct (top teams) -- I missed on the Padrones.   I thought C&C Crew and Warriors would fight for #4 -- I had it correct, but Warriors were not the team they fought with -- I completely missed on Humble 13 as I had them in my bottom 5 -- they had a good solid team -- no real injuries for them.

Not going to make predictions for the playoffs -- too many variables.   Our game puts us up against the C&C Crew -- who have some very good players -- but they have some injuries which have slowed them down and their offense doesn't have good consistency.  They had numerous batters who needed runners when we played them on Weds -- so I have a hard time thinking that has changed.  They will have the MVP/Cy Young (best pitcher in camp) on the mound for them tomorrow -- so on one hand that gives them the edge -- great pitching can always trump -- but I don't think they are very good defensively so if we don't strike out more than 10 times -- we should be able to scratch some hits and hopefully turns into runs.  Our team is pretty solid all around -- we don't dominate in any one area but put together we are fairly good.  I will be on the mound tomorrow and the recipe is -- keeping hitters off balance -- don't walk guys -- let our defense do the talking (we have played great defense since the first game of the week).  If I had to make a prediction I would think we walk away with a 3-2 (maybe 4-2, 4-3 victory) -- I do think the game will be of the 1 or 2 run variety -- if we played a 7 game series against these guys - it would probably go 7 games.
Offense: Edge No-Lo's -- Defense: Edge No-Lo's -- Pitching - Edge C&C Crew (potentially the big neutralizer) -- the weather looks like it will be sunny tomorrow (a new and exciting thing -- I have not wore my sunglasses in two days).

~~ "You can observe a lot just by watching." - Yogi Berra ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment